SANCTION EVENTS DOCUMENTS
Contact the Metro LMSC Sanctioned Events Chair if you have any questions Steve Shtab
STEP 1: Contact the Sanction Chair for date and availability of event
STEP 2: Click for online application at USMS, Metro Sanction. PLEASE SUBMIT THE EVENT APPLICATION IN WORD, just in case changes need to be made, and to put sanction number on right away.
STEP 2A: Event application must include ONE of the following statements:
(a) The length of the competition course without a bulkhead is in compliance and on file with USMS in accordance with articles
(b) The length of the competition course has been measured and is NOT in compliance with USMS articles 105.1.7 and 107.2.1: Times achieved in the meet will NOT be eligible for USMS Top 10 and records.
(c) The length of the competition course is not on file with USMS. Eligibility of times achieved in this meet will be contingent upon pool length measurement and approval with USMS; if bulkheads are present, their placement must also be confirmed by measurements at the meet (USMS articles 105.1.7 and 107.2.1). Event Directors are responsible for following USMS OEVT instructions and submission of names and money to Metro's Registrar. Please find all directions in these documents.
(d) The length of the competition course is in compliance and on file with USMS in accordance with articles 105.1.7 and 107.2.1, but as a bulkhead course, is subject to length confirmation. Eligibility of times for USMS Top 10 and records will be contingent on verification of bulkhead placement.
STEP 2B: All swim meet entry forms must include a signed USMS participant liability waiver found below. (The waiver can not be changed for any reason.)
Requirements for U.S. Masters Swimming Liability Release
STEP 3: Metro LMSC requires that before any event is sanctioned, the event director must mail 2 checks to the Treasurer
1) $25 Sanction Fee
2) $200 refundable bond to the Metro LMSC Treasurer
For Open Water:
1) $1,500 check. Fee includes:
- USMS Sanction Fee $100
- USMS Sanction Fee of $5.00 per registered swimmer
- Metro LMSC Sanction Fee of $500
2) Performance Bond- $200 check
- Per our FOG, at the conclusion of all host obligation, Metro LMSC will return the bond or a portion thereof based on the event evaluation
- Event host must request bond return within 14 days or forfeit
LMSC and mailed to:
STEP 4: The Sanction Chair will approve the sanction or contact the Event Director for possible changes to the sanction request. The Event Director will receive an email acknowledgment of submission and subsequent email for changes or approval. Once Sanctioned Event is approved, please contact the Sanction Chair and Chair to have event listed on the Metro website and be included in the Metro Newsletter.
Failure to follow Metro LMSC rules and regulations, will result in the non return of the sanction bond. Repeat offenders, may not have their future events sanctioned.
A Guide to Successfully Submitting Meet Results
In accordance with U.S. Masters Swimming, meet results will be uploaded to the USMS website by the Top Ten Chair. The Top Ten volunteer has approximately two weeks from the meet date to submit the results to USMS; therefore, it is imperative that meet results be submitted to the chair both in the correct format and in a timely fashion and within that time frame.
For any swimmer who requests to have a relay split or a split from another event used as an official time, the appropriate paperwork must be completed and submitted to the Top Ten Chair along with the corresponding meet results.
Lastly, USMS must have an up-to-date pool length certification form on file in order for the meet to be deemed valid and for the results to count toward Top Ten.
Meet Results: Proper File Formats
· The USMS website is compatible with the following file formats: .CL2 and .HY3
· These file formats must be used when submitting meet results to the Top Ten Recorder
· For information on how to create these files, please see the following tutorial
· Meet results must be submitted to the Top Ten Chair within one week of the meet
Submitting a Split Request
· Any swimmer wishing to use a split as an official time must have the following form completed prior to the conclusion of the meet
· The request for relay leadoff split times and initial backstroke distance times in individual backstroke events must be made prior to the swim
Pool Length Certification
· In order for meet results to be valid and count toward Top Ten, meet directors should ensure that a current pool length certification form is on file with USMS. The form should be submitted to the Top Ten Chair before the end of the season.
|METRO 2013 Meeting Minutes & Reports|
USMS Convention- LMSC Representative Reports
RC Saint-Amour- Chair
Jayne Saint-Amour- Treasurer
Steve Shtab- Sanction Chair
|METRO LMSC Documents|
|Metro LMSC Financial Documents|
|INSURANCE INFO LINKS|
|PROMOTING YOUR MASTERS TEAM INFO|